Printfriendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, January 25, 2010

Great Lakes Barista Competition! - 2010

 For those of us who love coffee, coffee shops, coffee art and having fun, it is important to stay updated regarding the events that involve any or all of the above! And in this case, Milwaukee will have the great honor to host the 2010 Great Lakes Barista Competition which will take place on March 12th to March 14th at Milwaukee’s Discovery World Museum!

Alterra (my favorite coffee shop) will be the host! And I am sure it will be a great event, this is an annual competition of the best baristas of the 5-state area back to Milwaukee.

This is what the competition entails:

Time: 15 mins.
Four cappuccinos
Ffour shots of espresso
Four signature drinks.

All this will be prepared in front of a panel of judges, which will consider quality, cleanliness and professionalism.

I will keep you updated in regards to this event... You can also get more info at: US Barista Championship website

Let the best one win!

3 comments:

tristan said...

i had no idea this existed! i am a "former" barista and quite frankly, i just love coffee! wish i could have witnessed this.

Lisa said...

Stopping by from SITS! This sounds like fun! I don't think I'd be a very good barista - I would never get the drinks right!

Wendy (The Local Cook) said...

Stoping by from SITS . . . I'm a huge coffee lover and would love to go to this! Unfortunately I'm from the other side of the lake.