Printfriendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Food and more food!!!

Yesterday I wrote about some of my resolutions for 2010, and I didn't share about what we did on New Year's eve.... I think I didn't share about it because we basically did nothing! I mean... I just made some "Mexican Style Shrimp" ... The "Mexicanity" (if you allow me to say it like that) it's in the sauce (The Secret is in the Sauce LOL!) is basically ketchup, hot sauce (I use Valentina), some lime juice, chopped cilantro, onion and tomato, it should've had some avocado too but I didn't have any.... and voila! the sauce is ready! It was really good, I wasn't in the mood for baking anything so I just got some Pillsbury Cinnamon buns in the Grocery store and put them in the oven, they were good, bust still nothing like made from scratch! then hubby and I went to bed at about 9:30 and basically that's when the year ended for us! We were really tired, we literally couldn't keep our eyes open waiting for the New Year to arrive...

Here are the pics of the shrimp and cinnabuns!




Then we were going to stay home all day long yesterday, Dh got the new MONOPOLY "CITY" and we were going to play that, but.... we received a phone call from one of his aunts, it was her birthday ... and here is where the resolutions of "eating better" started to fade... yes, the very first day of the year... We had coffee (mmmmmh!), ICE CREAM CAKE (which I love!!) and a sheet cake and how can you say no to ice cream cake? We had a blast in her birthday! we got to see some of my husband's cousins and see our dd play with their kids was so much fun!

Anyway... it's been food, food and more food!!! I can't wait to go to the GYM on Monday! I really have to workout hard to at least feel better and feel I am doing something about all the calories, sugar and fat of these last days!

Hopefully I will be able to write about something more productive and healthier soon!!!

10 comments:

Farmhouse Fixers said...

Hey- at least you are going to the gym! I am still trying to curb my holiday munching and I don't have a gym membership!

Love the recipes!

Mhel said...

Hi there. Thanks for visiting my blog. Im glad u enjoyed reading my posts. Your blog is nice and interesting as well. Will follow you too. Looking forward for more good reads. See yah!!

Mhel said...

i see that you love coffee. you might wanna check out my blog about Malaysia's exotic blends of coffee..

http://ems-premature-eblogulation.blogspot.com/2009/07/my-tasteful-adventures-detour-to-coffee.html

King of New York Hacks said...

If you sold that Mexican Shrimp dish in New York City ...you'd make millions !!! HAPPY NEW YEAR !!

The Muse said...

Oh gosh that look so good! I adore shrimp, but then, who doesn't right? LOL

May the New Year bring you blessing untold!Cheers!!

Melissa B. said...

As a native Tejana, anything Mexican and I'm all over it! Thanks for letting me live vicariously thru you. We're having some fun over at my place today...Happy New Year!

Definitely Not a Snow Job

Dawn said...

Just stopping by from SITS...
Here's to going to the gym...and still enjoying good food!

* said...

Paloma,
Food always draws me to blogs, and I can't help but love yours even more.
Working out, hmm, good luck. My rule, eat a bit of everything.

Tried the cinamon tead today, loved it. Didn't take a pic, so I will have to do it all over again, LOL.

By the way, I hope you might share a recipe or something just a wonderful on my other blog http:theroomsheowns.blogspot.com.

Unknown said...

Those cinnamon rolls look heavenly!!

quilly said...

This isn't spam -- I have this book and love it. Check out the One-Day Way by Chantal Hobbs. She lost over 200 pounds by not dieting. Tomorrow I am blogging about the book. After we finish our trans-Pacific move, I am going to follow in her footsteps!