Printfriendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Better to sleep with a sober cannibal....

... than a drunken Christian



My husband and I just started reading Moby-Dick on our "Coffee nights", for some reason neither of us had ever read it. We both love reading but I must admit that I haven't been into it for a while now, he reads EVERY NIGHT! he has hundreds of books in his personal library and gets many others from the Public Library System.

So, we decided to start reading Moby-Dick by Herman Melville together; we got 2 books (one in English and one in Spanish) with the full version of the book. It has been SUCH A GREAT READING! It is witty, fun and very interesting, Melville had such a unique way of describing things, it is a shame he never knew his book would one day be considered one of the treasures of world literature.

"Better to sleep with a sober cannibal than a drunken Christian" is one of the quotes from the book and it made me laugh so hard... Hubby and I are constantly laughing while reading so if you haven't read this great Novel yet take my advice and buy or get this book from the library! You will not regret it...

Trust me, it is a great thing to do while enjoying a hot cup of coffee!

Enjoy!

7 comments:

Elle said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I'm glad that super long post didn't drive you away. I'm following your blog as well. :-)

Angelica Bays, TygrLilies.blogspot.com said...

I love that quote! Definitely words to live by- maybe I'll suggest it to my pastor? >;oD

Unknown said...

What a great idea that you and your husband do this together. My friend gave me Ahabs wife which is supposed to be about the captains wife : ) I am excited to read it.

Jennifer said...

That is so nice that you and your husband do that. I can not get my husband interested in a book or reading at all.

The Local Cook said...

Oh my word, what a great quote!

* said...

I have never read Moby Dick. I must say, I got hubby reading again a few months ago and it's great to be able to talk about a book, or story with him.

Queenie Jeannie said...

I love that you read together!!