Printfriendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tuesday of Quotes and a "Brand" New Collaboration!

Well... Today is Tuesday and it's time to share some quotes for the week! Inspired on our coming 4th of July celebrations!

A man who won't die for something is not fit to live. ~ Martin L King Jr.

And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man. ~ John F Kennedy

But in a larger sense, we cannot dedicate, we cannot consecrate, we cannot hallow this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or to detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. ~ Abraham Lincoln
 And maybe you remember, maybe you don't or you never knew... but I have a friend from church (his name is Brand Schoolcraft) and he loves, LOVES cooking! so, sometimes he sends me recipes or some stories of his adventures in his kitchen and home! He is a friend of ours (my husband and I) and I really enjoy reading the things he sends. Him and his wife are wonderful people and it's just a blessing for me to get to know them better through these stories... so... here it is ... a "Brand New collaboration by Brand!"

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Herbs of Choice
By Brand Schoolcraft 


The other day, I had the blessing of staying home with the kids (no plans) and cooking brunch.  We have a small herb garden, about 10 different herbs, I brought each of the older (7, 6, 4) kids out with me separately and select any two herbs the would like me to cook into an herb garlic butter, and made "herbed garlic bread."  I did not steer any of their choices and also had some fun teaching them which was which in the garden...."what is that one?  I mint to tell you earlier, but forgot..."  Mint.  "I wish I had more thyme to teach you about this one...."  Thyme.  "The only flavor pickles come in..."  Dill (as far as they know)...etc.  You get the idea.  My wife made bread; she bakes.  I don't.  I sautéed the herbs with butter garlic and olive oil and slathered the bread slices with each of their choices.  My wife and I, sampled them all.  We let the oldest choose for the toddler twins.  The most surprising choice was Mint and Basil, which was actually not bad at all, not bad at all...Good thymes.  Yeah, I know, couldn't resist.


-o-o-o-o-o-o-o- 
 So... I hope you enjoyed today's quotes and Brand's Collaboration! ... Thank you Brand! :) ... don't forget to leave a comment if you enjoy what you read... knowing "you are there" keeps me motivated to keep sharing and to keep cooking to share more recipes! :)

Enjoy your 4th of July! and don't forget to somehow include "coffee" on one of your posts this week (even if it's not the main topic) that way you can link up with us on our Coffee Party on Friday!!!

© Paloma K.

No comments: