Printfriendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Time traveling... to the past!


Last night we had a very nice surprise... A friend from Mexico called and asked if him and his wife could stop over just to say hi.... I think I was probably 19 when I last saw him (I am 31 now) and he now lives about 35 mins. away from where I live! Isn't that amazing? How smaller can the world get? We come to find each other 1,700 miles away from where we used to be.... It is just incredible! It brought really nice memories... Like when we used to be part of "plays" in church... we shared funny anecdotes, some updates of the people we used to know and talked about the authentic Mexican food we miss so much and you can NEVER find anywhere in the USA... no matter how "authentic" they claim to be..... We miss the tacos on the street and laughed at the mere idea of "taco salad, taco casserole and taco soup... and even worse.... TACO MIX" (sorry) ....it was all fun... Almost like we never stopped seeing each other... Like just re-starting a "pending" conversation... I felt 19 and in Mexico again.... LOL! We had coffee and a cheesecake kringle, I met his wife and his 5 yr. old... He met my hubby and unfortunately my girl was sleeping already.... It was cool! and it was nice to talk to someone in Spanish!

I am sure God sent him... I was very nostalgic and feeling home sick yesterday.... and there you go... an old friend from Mexico knocking at my door!

7 comments:

Leslie Harris said...

God always provides what we need exactly when we need it. You were feeling down and a little homesick and God sent you your old friend! It's so nice to be able to talk to someone who knows what life in your hometown is like.

We have a neighbor who was born and raised in the U.S.A. He and I talk about all the "American" food and restaurants that we miss.

I've got one more non-authentic Mexican dish that you and your friend forgot to mention...Mexican Lasagna!

Happy Spring and may you have a blessed weekend! :)

Sharlene T. said...

I agree with Leslie. God sent you just what you needed and you were able to share your happiness with us! Happy first day of spring...

Ginny Marie said...

That is amazing! How wonderful that he called you just to stop by. It is those spontaneous moments that make life so much fun!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

What a small world! That kringle sounds good! Yummy! :)

Paloma said...

I understand Leslie... Hubby misses his American food once when he is in Mexico... He sees McDonalds and his eyes have a special sparkle! LOL! ... He gets tired of eggs in the morning and craves for pizza too! ... Mexican Lasagna? Good one! LOL!

Sharlene: yes.... I am so blessed! God takes care of us everyday! all the time! and knows the deepest needs of our hearts! Have a happy gardening and solar cooking this spring ;)

Ginny: I know! It's wonderful to have this type of surprises! Hugs my friend!

Dear Southern Bride: It's always good to see your comments ;) Thanks for stopping by! The kringle was good indeed :D

Chennifer said...

Sounds lika great day!
Dropping in from SITS - you should also check out this community: http://latinabloggers.ning.com/


//Jen

Paloma said...

Thank you chennifer: That sounds like a great community! I will check it out!