Printfriendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Tuesday of Quotes... Aslan!

Hello everybody! In my "old blogging days" I used to write some interesting (or just funny) quotes every Tuesday... I thought now that I am back I can probably use Tuesdays to share some quotes, maybe not every week but occasionally...

Anyway... Today was Bible Study day... We are very blessed also to have the author of the book we are using (besides the Bible) be our teacher, Lorraine Hill is the one that shares with us every week and God really uses her honesty and willingness to be genuine with us!

Today she shared a beautiful quote and I thought I'd share with you... She used it in a great example of our obedience and our walk with Christ... Following Jesus and yielding to His will is always eternally good... although not always "safe" in our human perspective of safety... and... here's where the quote comes:

(Quote from the Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis)
-The kids are asking about Aslan and who He is-

“Is he a man?” asked Lucy.
“Aslan a man!” said Mr Beaver sternly. Certainly not. I tell you he is King of the woods and the son of the great emperor-beyond- the-sea. Don’t you know who is the King of the Beasts? Aslan is a lion – the Lion, the great lion.”
“ooh!” said Susan, “I’d thought he was a man. Is he – quite safe? I shall feel rather nervous about meeting a lion.”
“That you will, dearie, and no mistake” said Mrs Beaver; “if there’s anyone who can appear before Aslan without their knees knocking, they’re either braver than most or else just silly.”
“Then he isn’t safe?” said Lucy.
“Safe?” said Mr Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you.”

....


"Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ's sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed. If you are insulted for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you.  Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in that name." —1 Peter 4:12-14, 16

He is the King, I tell you.

© Paloma K.

No comments: