|Featured on Today's Menu: Crispy Hot Wings (Baked!)|
Woah! I am so overwhelmed! Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the pins, likes and follows! You are all so amazing! Thank you also for letting me know that this is helpful! I loved it that someone told me they were thankful because they didn't even have to modify my menus, they are that simple! And that's what you're going to get with me... I don't use many specialty products. I am on a tight budget but I try to get creative with the resources I have... I hope you find all these doable and enjoyable.
And now the traditional reminder: The Snacks are optional if you don't have "enough hours in your day" to get all these meals in... don't worry... skip 1 or both snacks... Just remember to never let more than 4 hours go without food. You should always wait at least 2 1/2 hours between each feeding (no munching in between! even if you are not switching fuels! Yes.... again... I say it... even if you are NOT switching fuels) Now... if you are switching fuels you should wait AT LEAST the 3 full hours.
This week I am sharing the SAHM eddition... I am hoping that next week we can work together on a "on the go" menu.
- THM Pancakes (page 223) I absolutely love them! Hubby does too! You can find the recipe on the book (some have posted similar recipes on pinterest too) remember to use low fat cottage cheese (2% or less) so that you don't "crossover".
- 1 Triple Zero Oikos Yogurt with 3 strawberries (optional).
- Egg Salad:
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Real Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. plain 0% greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. (or to taste) Yellow or Dijon Mustard
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste (mix it all together, you can have 1 light rye wasa cracker with it). Serve over a bed of green leaves or chopped romaine lettuce.
- Smoothie made with up to 1 cup of frozen strawberries, unsweetened cashew or almond milk, a splash of vanilla, 1-2 tsp. cocoa powder, stevia to taste (I use 1-2 doonks) and 1/2 scoop of on plan protein powder (I love the Pristine Whey from THM brand)
- HOT WINGS I love that I can eat delicious hot wings on THM, there is a recipe on the book but I experienced that the skin didn't result that crispy. My tip is: Marinade (for at least 2 hours) the desired amount of wings in a generous amount of Frank's Hot Sauce (about 3/4 cup for about 24 wings). and 1 tsp. of garlic powder. Heat your broiler to high and arrange a rack one level above the middle. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on it (that way it will cook and crisp evenly without sogginess) Place the wings on the rack (or on two racks if needed) on a single layer (and don't let them touch if possible). Broil for about 10-11 minutes, turn and broil for 11 more minutes on the second side. Meanwhile combine 1/3 cup of hot sauce and 1/2 stick of melted butter in a bowl and set aside. Once the wings are cooked toss them in the bowl with the sauce/butter mix. Serve immediately!
- Still want dessert? I'd have a couple of squares of dark chocolate (at least 85% cocoa) or you can enjoy some delicious "Skinny chocolate" (recipe in the book) or one serving of Carb Smart Breyer's Ice Cream (don't overdo this one)
Note: This menu that I've put together can NEVER replace the knowledge that comes from reading the book and applying the principles yourself... You will eventually want to be FREE and put together your own food combinations and meals, this is an aid that will allow you to "see" what a THM menu looks like IRL but reading the book is crucial to succeed on the plan. Every good thing is worth the extra work. My tip... is get the book and start reading the chapters about the different types of Settings (S, E, FP, S helpers and Crossovers), start applying every new principle you learn and keep going. I do not charge for sharing my menus and meals, The authors of the book have worked too hard on creating this plan and their own name. Those who use the THM name to sell menus and meal plans are doing so in full knowledge that they are taking advantage of someone else's work. Hopefully they will re-consider and stop. Make sure you do not support those who do so.
Some tools I use in my kitchen for the "hot wings"
© Paloma K.
Disclaimer: Some links in this post are affiliate links, this means that you pay the same price, but I also receive a very small compensation. I recommend products I have tried and love.