|Featured on Today's Menu (Dessert)|
Hello everybody! I thought I would share with you day by day how you can plan your meals on THM and how they don't have to be necessarily difficult. This is doable and enjoyable. The Snacks are "optional" if you don't have "enough hours in your day" to get all these meals in... don't worry... skip 1 or both snacks... Just remember to never let more than 4 hours go without food. You should always wait at least 2 1/2 hours between each feeding (no munching in between! even if you are not switching fuels! Yes.... again... I say it... even if you are NOT switching fuels) Now... if you are switching fuels you should wait AT LEAST the 3 full hours.
Today I share with you a menu for the first day of the week... This is what "MY MENU" would look like BUT I am a SAHM and I know it might be impossible for you to cook all this! This week we focus on a SAHM menu... next week we can work together on a "on the go" menu.
- 2 (or 3) sunny side up eggs over a bed of steamed asparagus (or steamed zucchini), topped with coconut oil or butter, an optional side of sliced avocado (or a slice of hard cheese like sharp cheddar), coffee with half and half sweetened with stevia or "chocolate milk" (unsweetened cashew milk, with 1-2 tsp. of unsweetened cocoa powder, stevia to taste and a splash of vanilla in the blender)
- "Ice Cream like Smoothie" made with 1 cup of frozen strawberries, 1/2 cup of unsweetened cashew milk, 2 tsp. cocoa powder, 2 doonks of THM stevia extract, splash of vanilla, 1/2 scoop of whey protein powder (I use the THM brand but they are out of stock right now... YES, IT IS THAT GOOD!) you can use Jay Robb's brand. I use the Ninja "bullet" attachment that comes with the Ninja Mega Kitchen System
- Turkey and cheese sandwich: 2 Slices of Ezekiel Bread, Extra lean sliced turkey, 1 Ultra thin slice of Sargento Cheddar/provolone or swiss cheese, lots of greens, tomato slices, some onion, mustard. Strawberries or 1/2 sliced apple.
- A handful of almonds (I use these) and 1 string of cheese
- Baked chicken thighs (with or without skin), lightly rubbed with olive oil, seasoned with smoked paprika, salt, garlic powder and onion powder, bake at 450 for 30 minutes. Serve with a side of buttered non starchy veggies.
- Dessert: Pick a setting appropriate dessert... I love the Cheesecake Berry Crunch Recipe in the book (Page 373)
Note: This menu that I've put together can NEVER replace the knowledge that comes from reading the book and applying the principles yourself... You will eventually want to be FREE and put together your own food combinations and meals, this is an aid that will allow you to "see" what a THM menu looks like IRL but reading the book is crucial to succeed on the plan. Every good thing is worth the extra work. My tip... is get the book and start reading the chapters about the different types of Settings (S, E, FP, S helpers and Crossovers), start applying every new principle you learn and keep going. I do not charge for sharing my menus and meals, The authors of the book have worked too hard on creating this plan and their own name. Those who use the THM name to sell menus and meal plans are doing so in full knowledge that they are taking advantage of someone else's work. Hopefully they will re-consider and stop. Make sure you do not support those who do so.
Disclaimer: Some links in this post are affiliate links, this means that you pay the same price, but I also receive a very small compensation. I recommend products I have tried and love.