|Every girl needs some chocolate! Having skinny chocolate at hand is life saving!|
Hello beautiful Trim Healthy Mamas! am in the middle of moving so I am packing and cleaning and not much time of blogging! I am missing supporting newbies on fb, helping answer questions or give them encouragement... I'll be back soon! I promise! Once it's all settled!
For now... I am sharing some great ideas for snacks that you can enjoy "on the go" ... Last week it was all about sharing everyday THM menus It's all here on this Pinterest Board and this week is all about Easy/quick recipes or those meals that you can prepare ahead and have them ready when you need them.
Last week's menus I put it together mostly from my own recipes... This week I am needing help from great fellow bloggers (Briana Thomas and Darcie from Darcie's Dishes)... I hope you will enjoy them, would you please let me know?
First, here are some tips of my own for quick/easy snacks on the go:
- Hard boiled eggs (S), always have a few cooked, peeled and refrigerated. They are great protein source and easy to just grab and eat.
- Prepare your veggies ahead and keep them in ziploc bags. Celery sticks are great (they sell the bag of pre-cut celery at Costco). Non starchy veggies are great for any setting so have them ready. Triple washed organic salad mixes are awesome! You can quickly fix yourself a great salad (those hard boiled eggs from point number 1 might help you too!)
- Oikos Triple Zero yoghurts are always a life saver! And it's a great FP snack on its own! Lots of protein there!
- Protein Powder! always have some on plan protein powder close by! Smoothies sound more "intimidating" than they really are! Just throw 1 cup frozen berries in the blender, about 1/2 cup of unsweetened cashew or almond milk, some cocoa powder (optional), 1/2 scoop of whey protein, a splash of vanilla and stevia sweetener to taste and voila! You got yourself a great, delicious snack that will keep bad cravings away!
- Shop Smart: Always keep in your freezer, fridge or pantry (accordingly) sliced deli meat, cheese sticks, 1 - 2% cottage cheese, wasa crackers, almonds, unsweetened peanut/almond butter, and apples! Having the right ingredients on hand will help you stay on plan. You don't have to go hungry, ever!
- Please make some "Skinny Chocolate" There are many versions out there... The book has the basic recipe but I tweak my skinny chocolate to my own liking.. I don't even have a recipe I just keep tasting and tasting until I like it... I substitute cocoa powder for Unsweetened Baking Chocolate and I use about 1 oz. of chocolate for each 1/2 cup of coconut oil (I don't like it too bitter) and I do grind my Truvia for a smoother texture:
A coffee Grinder works great:
Now... enjoy some of the great THM snacks wonderful Briana Thomas and Darcie want to share with you today right here at The Coffee Shop:
- Favorite 5 Minute Drinks, Snacks, Shakes and Meals
- Easy Snack Balls
|Easy Snack Balls, you have to get this recipe!|
30 Snack Ideas
So... I am coming back with some more recipes or tips for dinners/lunch that will hopefully make you make the big decision of joining Trim Healthy Mama or will make your journey even easier! If I am not here tomorrow just be a bit patient, like I said... I am in the middle of boxes and bags right now.
© Paloma K.
Disclaimer: Some links in this post are affiliate links, this means that you pay the same price, but I also receive a very small compensation. I recommend products I have tried and love.