Printfriendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Showing off and Pizza Recipe!

Good Wednesday Everyone! How is the week treating you so far? It's been really good to me :) I've had a great time enjoying the pool, time with friends and doing some running last night! but the highlight so far is the sky yesterday! It was AMAZING right before the sun set! There were clouds like towers so tall and fluffy! there was even a rainbow and ... everything was just majestic! I kept wishing I had my camera with me when I was on my way to pick up my friend to go run together... in my car... singing a beautiful song that talks about God and who He is... and the sky was singing along with me! .... ♪♪♪"...Wonderful, Glorious, Holy and Righteous, Victorious, Conqueror, Triumphant and Mighty, Healer, Deliverer, Shield and Defense, Strong Tower and My Best Friend, Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Soon Coming King, Alpha, Omega, Lord of Everything..." ♫♫ I was singing this SOOO loud! how wouldn't I, right?

 So... that's been my week so far... But the "showing off" part comes now...as I post a drawing my 3 yr. old made today in paint... she is really good with the computer (which scares me sometimes) she handles the mouse like a true pro, opens the program by herself, makes the space for the drawing bigger and then chooses her tools (lines, triangles, or the colors she needs) ... unfortunately she never has enough room left for the legs of her pictures LOL! but here's what she made today


Left to Right: Natalia (the artist), Karina (the artist's sister) and ... Daddy!
Isn't it neat? I think she does a great job... although I must admit I might be a little biased.

And now... our Pizza... shall we?


Pizza Dough
Adapted from original recipe found at: Allrecipes.com

Ingredients
  • 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 2 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F)
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon salt
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat  flour
  • 5 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp. italian seasoning

Directions

  1. In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in the warm water. Let sit until creamy; about 10 minutes.
  2. Stir the olive oil, whole wheat flour, salt, 4 cups of all purpose flour and italian seasoning into the yeast mixture. Mix in the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring well after each addition. When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes. Lightly oil a large mixing bowl, place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth and put in a warm place to rise until doubled in volume; about 1 hour.
  3. Deflate the dough and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough into three equal pieces and form into rounds. Cover the rounds and let them rest for about 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
  4. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into the desired shape and place it on a slightly greased pizza stone or on a baking sheet or round baking pan (the one with little holes in it) , Pre-bake your pizza (without toppings) for about 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and increase the temperature @425F. Now cover the pizza with your favorite toppings (I used spaghetti sauce, mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, green bell peppers, onions and ham) and bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for about 18 minutes or until the crust and cheese are golden brown. 
 You can also make individual pizzas if you'd like... I made one just for my hubby and he loved it!


Linking to:

Simple Lives Thursday
 
and    

Weekend Bloggy Reading

 © Paloma King

No comments: