And now... the recipe!
Creamy Risotto with Roasted Red Peppers
- 1/8 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup Risotto Arborio Rice
- 4 cups chicken stock, heated (you may have a little bit of stock left over)
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 container (12 oz) of roasted red peppers with olive oil and garlic (you will use only the red peppers -chopped- and only about 1/2 the amount in the container)
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving
Directions:- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add the onion and cook until translucent and softened, about 8 minutes. Make sure not to brown the onions.
- Add the rice and stir to coat each grain. Cook until they are opaque, about 4 minutes.
- Combine with about 1/4 of a cup of chicken broth and cook for 3 minutes, or until the liquid has absorbed. - Add the roasted peppers and 1/2 cup of simmering broth and stir until almost completely absorbed.
- Incorporate the 1/3 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese. Continue cooking the rice by adding the broth one ladle at a time, stirring constantly and allowing each addition of broth to be absorbed before adding the next.
- Continue this process (do not stop stirring) until the rice is tender and creamy, yet still firm to the bite (al dente), about 22 minutes total.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the butter. This last touch of butter will give the dish extra shine and creaminess.
- Serve with additional Parmesan.
© Paloma K.