Printfriendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Friday, April 20, 2012

Cinnamon Swirl Buttermilk Pound Cake

Doesn't just the name sound delicious? "Cinnamon Swirl Buttermilk Pound Cake" it sounds inviting! This is the cake that was chosen this month by The Cake Slice Bakers (which I am a proud member of) just the name of the cake made me think of enjoying it with tea or a cup of coffee in the company of friends! And that's what I intended to do! I even created an "open event" on facebook invited friends to come and enjoy it with me! Everything was going perfect, the batter smelled amazing, I could perceive the hint of cardamom in it! oooh! I even used my Vietnamese Cinnamon for the "swirl" and then... things started to go wrong... not so much with the cake... but with my littlest one... she had been cranky during the day and I didn't give it much thought... but then... she was fussy, not eating and seemed very uncomfortable... even in pain... I had to cancel my "dreams of enjoying this cake with tea/coffee and friends" and called the doctor, that's ok... I just want my girls to be fine... but I must say that I even get afraid of making plans because it seems whenever I do one of my girls gets sick (or both!) then... the cake came out... smelled amazing... it had a beautiful golden color, but nothing seemed to make me feel better, my little one was crying and screaming... anyway... I probably rushed removing it from the pan, maybe I should've waited longer, who knows, but when I flipped the cake over to get it out some of the cake got stuck in the pan and ... well... it didn't look too pretty... So... here is my "Cinnamon Swirl Buttermilk Pound Cake" step by step

Making "The Swirl"
The batter was so fluffy! It required lots of beating.
Bottom
Then you add the "Crumbs" to make the Cinnamon swirl and the rest of the batter
Isn't this a sad view!? It could've been so beautiful!
A slice... showing the Swirl (I would've even liked more of that "cinnamon swirl, next time I might double it)
Beautiful!
My 3 yr. old loved it (and hubby did too)
I can't really eat cake (isn't this like some kind of curse?) because I am watching very strictly what I eat ... but I did taste it and ... oh! It was good! There was this very subtle taste of the cardamom, nothing overpowering! Just perfect! making this pound cake a very different one! and one that I will definitely try and make again (making sure I don't rush it!) If you want the recipe for this cake... you can e-mail me to: love.for.coffee@gmail.com and I will send it to you... I want to give all the credit to Tish Boyle and her amazing book "The Cake Book" if you love baking you MUST have this book in your collection! I definitely recommend it!

© Paloma K.

6 comments:

Stacie said...

Oh no, sorry it got stuck! But I bet it still tasted delicious. I loved this cake. Hope your little one is all better.

Cucina49 said...

Sticking or not, I think it looks lovely and it clearly got the thumbs-up!

Heather said...

It looks great!!

Katie said...

Your cake looks yummy. I loved the cinnamon swirl too. Mine also stuck, but it still tasted great :)

Kelly-Jane said...

It so frustrating when bundts stick, it happens to me a lot!lol

Your cake slices still look really delicious :)

Emily said...

With that cute swirl, worry not of it being stuck!