Printfriendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tuesday of Quotes - ON Change!

Hello friends! It's been really busy here and at the same time not so much! Yesterday I (well... my two girls and I) took a very long (and very much needed) afternoon nap! It was very much "not planned" so I got behind on a lot of things! But I am very happy I could rest so peacefully!

I will come back and try to get more done around here... Plus tweeting more on your articles and sharing with the world about your blog posts! :)

BTW... I miss Tara from Nowhere to Go but Crazy anybody seen her? She hasn't stopped by the Coffee Shop lately... mmm... I think I'll have to go and comment on her blog too! It's not like I've been doing great with that!

So... anyway.. Today I'll take the girls to the Splash-Pad... I'll have to protect myself from the sun because it seems I've developed some over-sensitivity to the sun! I get this "allergic reaction" every time I am exposed to the sun... and IT BURNS! So... -sigh- I have to protect myself from that!

Now... some of my usual Tuesday quotes... This time they'll be about CHANGE! I hope you enjoy them!




 --------

“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” - Leo Tolstoy


"The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.” - Albert Einstein

“They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.” - Andy Warhol


“And that is how change happens. One gesture. One person. One moment at a time.” - Libba Bray, The Sweet Far Thing

 “We are taught you must blame your father, your sisters, your brothers, the school, the teachers - but never blame yourself. It's never your fault. But it's always your fault, because if you wanted to change you're the one who has got to change.” - Katharine Hepburn, Me: Stories of My Life 

“I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.” ― Mother Teresa 

ouch!!! Right?

 
 Very insightful quotes (to say the least) ... I know I need to do some changes in MY LIFE... there is always something to improve! To get rid of! To modify!

Some of the things I need to change/improve:

- Consistency! I need to be consistent with my work here at home, my discipline for my kids and the homeschooling for my almost 4 yr. old

- Diet/Exercising: (More consistency issues) I have been lazy with that lately! It needs to change! No more excuses!

- Sleeping Habits: I need to go to bed earlier... to wake up earlier be able to get blogging things done and exercise first thing in the morning so I don't take time from the girls and my house responsibilities.

- My Bible reading/Prayer Time: So many times I try to do things on my very own... when I know I've been doing bad in my time with God... everything else falls apart too! Lord... help me do your will... Forgive me for not talking to you and reading your Word everyday... I need you!

Those are some that come to mind right now! I have to start... TODAY! :) Change is painful, hard to embrace... but very necessary! Is there something you need to change too Are you with me? would you like to share?
 
© Paloma K.

No comments: