Printfriendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Thursday! Sweet Thursday!

Hello everybody! Sorry I didn't post yesterday! It was such a crazy busy day! I had all the good intentions to post, reply, comment and I barely even touched the computer! I had grocery shopping to do, stopped by a friend's house and then I was even running a little late for choir rehearsal but I made it there even a little early! YAY for that! Then I got a very bad headache and came home but couldn't even think of anything to write or even sitting in front of the computer, took two ibuprofen and went to sleep -sigh- ... My head? Much better now, thanks for asking! :)

Today... is a new day and I am sure it will be great! :) It's 6:14 as I type and everyone's sleeping... it's almost time to wake hubby up so he can start his day and let his little light shine out there! .

Remember tomorrow is Coffee Friday! For those who have been wondering about it... well...click here for more info (especially if you'd like to be featured! That would be awesome!) but it's quite simple to just link up! If you mention the word coffee on ANY of your posts of the WEEK (when I say "mention coffee" I literally mean that... if you said something like "I haven't had my coffee yet" or "I need another cup of coffee" or "I went to a coffee shop with friends" or "my toddler just spilled the coffee" in your post ... then... it definitely meets the "coffee requirement" you don't need to think too much about it or write a whole post about coffee (that's fun and fine too but I am just saying that's not required)... so if you randomly mentioned coffee you can join our coffee party... There is a linky tool (by inlinkz) that I use on my Friday posts and you just need to click on that button and fill the blanks with the information of the post you'd like to link (they'll tell you what each blank space is for) so it's quite simple! You don't need to be much of an expert ;) ... Just please remember to add a link back to us within such post! That way more people will know about our party! And a party... to be a good one... needs PEOPLE! :)

You can use this button (within your post) to link back! :)


The Coffee Shop


I just made that button... so it's now 7:27! LOL! It's the longest it's taken me to write a post! And I am not even saying what I meant to say originally... I guess I was going to post some kind of dessert... oh yes... I remember... A muffin recipe!


"Everything" Breakfast Muffins
Original recipe"Morning Glory Muffins" from Allrecipes.com 

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 3/4 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
  • 1/4 cup ground flax seed
  • 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 large Granny Smith apple, shredded
  • 3/4 pound carrots, shredded
  • 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil (safflower is best)
  • 1/2 cup applesauce
  • 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
 Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 12 large muffin cups.
  2. Mix brown sugar, all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, cranberries, coconut, flax seed, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. Add grated apple and carrots; stir to combine. Add pineapple, vegetable oil, applesauce, walnuts, eggs, and vanilla extract; stir until just combined. Pour batter into prepared muffin cups.
  3. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 35 minutes. 

Paloma K. 

    No comments: