Printfriendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

ONE YEAR IN TEXAS ... and Apple Crisp recipe!

Hello friends! Happy Wednesday! I hope the week is treating you well! We are seeing summer come to an end... At least I am... I feel like it's almost done... I am already excited to hear all the plans for Fall! Ladies Bible Study, Mom2Mom, new songs for the choir, etc! Church fills with activity again! And that makes me so happy! :)

Also... this weekend (Sunday) was our first anniversary living here in Texas! It's been a great year, God's blessed us so much with wonderful friends and with the great opportunity to have family over from Mexico! My weeks are no longer so lonely! I love Wisconsin, I miss it a lot, I miss my dear friend Ashley who I used to see about 1 a week! and her boys!!! ... I miss hubby's family tremendously! But here... there's always something going on! And I am very happy for myself, of course! but especially for hubby and the girls! Our lives are so full! :) I wish we could all be close but I can't dwell on that ... I have to Praise God because he's blessed us so much!

So... now... let's see... Oh! Yes! I hope you are getting ready for our Coffee Friday party! We have a great blogger to be featured! She will be serving coffee for us and I know you will love her and her blog! Please add some "coffee" to one of your posts this week (you just have to mention coffee somewhere and link back to us) so you can link up!!!

We had great posts linked last Friday ... but today I want to thank Gg for joining our Coffee Party... Look what she brought with her:


I hope you stop by her blog and say hi! ;)

And now... my Apple Crisp Recipe!

Apple Crisp

Original Recipe Yield 6 servings
Serving Suggestion: Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side. 

Ingredients

  • 4 Granny Smith (or tart) apples (cored and sliced)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter (softened)
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup quick oats (plus some more for sprinkling)

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8x8 inch baking dish.
  2. Place apples in prepared dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Pour water over the apples/cinnamon.
  3. In a bowl, cream together sugars and butter. Blend in flour and oats. Spread mixture evenly over apples. (You can use your hands to distribute the batter until all the apples are evenly covered)
  4. Sprinkle it all with some more oats for decorating.
  5. Bake in preheated oven 35 - 45 minutes, until apples are tender and crust is golden. 
  6. Let rest for at least an hour before serving. 


  Enjoy!

Linking up to: 
Weekend Bloggy Reading


© Paloma K.

No comments: