Printfriendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy Monday - Flowers and Nectar!

Good morning everybody! Dreading to start the week? Feeling down just from reading everybody's statuses on FB complaining and hating Monday? Well... you are at the right place... it's going to be Monday ALL DAY LONG (lol!) So... we can go through it with a happy, thankful, joyful attitude or hating it and complaining about it (making it worse) ... either way we are (hopefully) going to go through it... if we get through another day I guess that's already a reason in itself to be thankful!

Anything good about Monday for you? I've said it many times... for me it's like a new opportunity (each day is, isn't it?) to do things better... but Monday offers us the feeling of a fresh new start! (why so many dieters wait until Monday to begin? Because of that!)

Something I am happy about today... is... well... the flowers on my table! I got them on Friday but they still look gorgeous! they are so bright and ... yellow! It feels like there is a small sun in my dining room!



Something that is making you feel particularly happy today? Share it with us!

“Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way things turn out.” – Art Linkletter

And to add some extra sweetness to the day ... let me just ask you a question... have you used Agave Nectar for cooking/baking?

I got a small bottle to try it for the very first time and I am still not sure exactly what to do with it... I know there are instructions in the back of the bottle and  I see that instead of 1 cup of sugar you use 2/3  of a cup of agave nectar in a recipe... but I thought I would ask those who have used it before... which recipes are better with Agave Nectar? and... should I use less liquid to the recipe? I mean... it's a liquid so I am wondering if that affects anything... I know it's healthier (and less caloric) than sugar... so I really want to replace sugar in most of my desserts.... how's the taste? too different?

This is the one I bought:

  Any thoughts? Please share! Have a HAPPY MONDAY!

© Paloma K.

9 comments:

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Lovely flowers!

I've only tried one agave before. It tastes great in tea and coffee. :)

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

I have the same flowers on my dining room table right now,lol...

I always wanted to try Agave Nectar before, but never did. I can't wait to find out what you used it in.

Paloma said...

Thanks Mrs. Pedersen! I will try it with my coffee :)

Hi Bibi: Aren't those flowers beautiful? :) (and cheaper!)

I hope to bake something with Agave soon and I'll share my findings! ;)

Unknown said...

I LOVE agave nectar. I do think it is a little sweeter than sugar, but I have used it in a ton of recipes and haven't had to adjust. It's kind of a trial and error thing :) Love the flowers and I agree, Mondays are a good thing. New start, fresh week!

Carrie said...

I just wanted to say thanks for your constantly awesome comments on my blog. I always look forward to what you have to say, it brightens my day! As for the agave, I haven't tried it... can't wait for the review. ;-)

Dawn @ Come Over For Coffee said...

I always love Mondays. During the school year, Mondays are a break after a weekend full of going and doing. During the summer, we take Mondays especially easy. No plans, no clocks. Just pjs and relaxing all day. Love Mondays!

Rach (DonutsMama) said...

Gorgeous flowers! And I have not used agave nectar before, but it seems pretty popular right now.

Paloma said...

Hi Dana! Thanks for sharing your own experience... I guess I'll have to try it to find out for myself ;)... Thanks for the comment!

Hi Carrie: I am glad I can cheer you up! :D It's good to have good blogging friends :) I love your blog so it's easy to comment!

Hi Dawn... That's a great approach for Monday!!! let's embrace it peacefully! :D

Hi Rach: Yes... Agave nectar is popular right now! I guess we are all trying to be more conscious about what we eat :)

LinsFood said...

Finally! Others who love Mondays!