|I introduce to you: "The Alamo Cat"|
And now... a recipe that will transport you too! Not in time but at least to a very pleasant place (just ask my hubby!):
Original from Allrecipes.com
Yield 1 -8x8 inch cake
For the cake
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
For Crumb topping:
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease one 8x8 inch pan.
- Cream together 3/4 cup sugar, shortening, and egg.
- In a separate bowl mix together 2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir into sugar mixture, alternating with milk. Stir in blueberries. Spread evenly (it is going to be very thick) into greased 8x8 inch pan.
- To make topping: Combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, cinnamon, and butter. Sprinkle over cake batter.
- Bake at 375 degree F (190 degrees C) for 25-30 minutes. (I baked it for exactly 30 minutes and it was perfect)
|Right out of the oven|
|The Blueberries melt through the crumb topping making it look even more delicious!|
|The inside is like a "blueberry coffee cake"|
© Paloma K.