Disclaimer: I am not being compensated in any way for hosting this special promotion. I appreciate TORCH for doing this for my readers.
And now... the cake:
Devil's Food Cake
Recipe for the cake slightly adapted from: askgeorgie.com
For the cake: (all ingredients should be at room temperature)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder (I use aluminum free)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Xylitol (or you can use 1/4 cup of xylitol plus 2 tbsp. of THM Sweet blend*)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the whipped cream: (this ingredient should be COLD, really COLD) - if you're not a purist you can just use reddi-whip, I prefer to make my own whipped cream, it's really easy!
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- 1 doonk of pure stevia - add another if necessary to taste- ("doonk" is a THM term, a doonk is the equivaltent of a "pinch" or 1/32 tsp.) - you can also use truvia to taste-
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
1st. of all place a big mixing bowl and the whisk attachment in the freezer to chill (to prepare the whipped cream)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter or oil the inside of an 8×8″ or 9×9″ cake pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, xylitol (or sweeteners of choice, if you use xylitol make sure you grind it so it incorporates better into the batter) and cocoa. Stir with a wire whisk to mix and until lumps disappear.
3. In a second bowl, stir together water, eggs and vanilla. Pour into bowl with dry ingredients and stir to mix. Spread in the pan and smooth with a spatula. Bake 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with just a few crumbs.
Cool over wire rack.
Right before serving make the whipped cream:
Place the heavy whipping cream in chilled mixing bowl, add the sweetener and mix on high for a couple of minutes (don't over mix) until it has the right consistency of whipped cream, add vanilla and mix on high for just a couple more seconds.
Serve over cooled squares of chocolate cake... BLISS!
Enjoy ... with a cup of Torch Coffee of course.
|second slice, why not?|
© Paloma K.