Printfriendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Christmas Cookies Series - Peanut Butter Blossoms

Hello everyone! Thank you all for your comments... I promise I'll get to each one of them eventually! It's a busy season and I'm also baking not only for myself but baking for exchanges (even gift exchanges) and also trying to sell some of the cookies I make (and one or two chocoflan cakes! why not?!)

Right now I am going to share the recipe to make another Favorite Christmas Cookie... "Peanut Butter Blossoms", some people also call them "Hershey Kisses Cookies". I love these! but I am not sure if it's really the flavor I am so in love with or just the way they look! I know they are good... but also... love starts through the eyes... and these lovely cookies sure make you fall for them "at first sight"

Here is my recipe:



 Ingredients: (all ingredients should be at room temperature)
Yield: Makes about 80

  • 1 cup butter (softened)
  • 1 cup peanut butter 
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • extra: 1/2 cup granulated sugar for rolling (decorative purposes mainly)
  • 1 bag -12 oz.- of Hershey Kisses (milk chocolate) 

Elaboration:

Preheat oven at 350F
Slightly grease cookie sheets
Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
Cream butter, peanut butter, sugars until smooth.
Beat eggs one at a time, stir milk and vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients just until incorporated.
Make little balls (about 1") with dough, roll them in additional sugar. Bake them in preheated oven for about 8 minutes. Press 1 kiss of hersheys into each cookie and bake for 2 more minutes. Cool in wire rack.

Note: to make the dough balls I use a small ice cream scoop and drop them on the sugar where I will roll them, that will make the dough easier to handle too.

Enjoy!

© Paloma K.

No comments: