Printfriendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Christmas Cookies Series - Mexican Wedding Cakes

Hi dear friends! Thank you for stopping by at The Coffee Shop! Today... I bring to you... one of my very favorite kind of cookie: Mexican Wedding Cakes aka Russian Tea Cakes

 I just love this melt-in-your mouth good cookies! They are buttery and deliciously rolled in powdered sugar... They are very delicate and just perfect for Christmas!

Today I made a batch... and I know I'll be baking many more! Yes... again... this recipe was shared to my by one of hubby's aunts!

Mexican Wedding Cakes aka Russian Tea Cakes



Yield: 48 cookies

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar (plus more for rolling)
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 cups of flour
  • finely chopped nuts (optional, although, authentic Russian Tea Cakes ALWAYS include nuts)
Directions:

Preheat Oven at 400F.
In a mixing bowl cream Butter, Add sugar and mix to incorporate, gradually add salt, vanilla, flour and nuts (in that order) just until incorporated. Mixture will be a little stiff. Pinch small amounts of dough to make 1" balls. Bake on ungreased sheet for 8-10 minutes just until bottoms are golden and the cookies show tiny cracks on them.  Roll warm cookies in powdered sugar; cool on wire rack. Roll in powdered sugar again.


Enjoy!

© Paloma K.

1 comment:

Khrushing said...

I will be making these soon :). I'm assuming you used the nuts...