Printfriendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Sweet Thursday and Pumpkin Brownies!

Hello everybody! Here I am with a new recipe for our Sweet Thursday! Hopefully you'll join us and share a recipe/picture on your blog about some sweet treat/dessert of any kind and then link up with us to show off! ;) how about that?


Won't it be cool when we have many people linking up and making our Thursdays sweeter with their desserts? I think it will be fun and a beautiful Link-Up party, with all those pictures of the most decadent desserts that are so inviting! plus we'll have a place to share our ideas and GET BAKING! So here is my recipe for today: (trust me... you HAVE TO try it!)

(slightly modified from AllRecipes.com)

Spiced Pumpkin Brownies


Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/4 cup natural cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
  • 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8x8 inch baking pan. Stir the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
  2. In another bowl, stir together the melted butter, sugar, and vanilla extract; beat in the eggs one at a time with a spoon. Gradually add the flour mixture, and stir the batter until it's evenly moistened. Divide the batter in half in two separate bowls.
  3. Into one bowl of batter, blend the cocoa powder and chocolate chips. In the second bowl of batter, stir in the pumpkin puree, walnuts, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
  4. Spread 1/2 of the chocolate batter into the bottom of the prepared baking pan, and follow with 1/2 of the pumpkin batter. Repeat the layers, ending with a pumpkin layer, and drag a kitchen knife or small spatula gently through the layers in a swirling motion, to create a marbled appearance.
  5. Bake in the preheated oven until the brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Cool in the pan, cut into squares, and serve. 



© Paloma King

5 comments:

Leslie Harris said...

Those brownies look so good, Paloma! I especially love that you can see all of the delicious pumpkin. :)

kitchen flavours said...

Hi Paloma,
Thank you for stopping by my blog and for following too! It is nice to see you! I'm following you too! I'm looking forward to my first bake at The Cake Slice! I see that you have a blog hop, Sweet Thursday, how nice! Will be linking something soon. I do have a Bake-Along on 23/11, feel free to join in. Name of recipe at my side-bar.
Will be back again! Have a lovely week!

Paloma said...

Thanks Leslie and Joyce for sharing your sweet treats here! I hope I'll see you around often! Awesome recipes by the way! :)

mommyonthego1981 said...

Looks great and would go excellent with my organo latte!

www.ihchealthycoffeecafe.com

Ashley said...

Awesome! I'm getting off the couch right now to make these and trick my pumpkin-hating mother into eating them....and loving them, I'm sure!