Here is a very easy and delicious soup recipe, try it! I know you'll love it!
Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup with Vegetables
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 white onion (finely chopped)
- 1 stalk of celery (finely chopped)
- 1 big carrot (or 2 smaller ones) -finely chopped-
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- Cooked and shredded chicken meat (I used 6 chicken drumsticks you can use 3 chicken breast halves, I just prefer dark meat for soups)
- 1 (6.2 ounce) package Fast Cooking Long Grain&Wild Rice with seasoning packet (I use Uncle Ben's)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (plus more to taste for seasoning vegetables)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (plus more to taste for seasoning vegetables)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tbsp.butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup of milk
- In a large pot over medium heat, warm up the olive oil and add the onion, celery and carrots, season them with some salt and black pepper to taste (not too much because you will add more salt later, just a little bit so they are not bland) sautee them for about 9 minutes (until they are softer) combine broth, water and chicken. Bring to a boil turn heat down to medium low and let it simmer for about 5 minutes, then stir in rice, reserving seasoning packet. Cover and remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper and flour. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in contents of seasoning packet until mixture is bubbly. Reduce heat to low, then stir in flour mixture by tablespoons, to form a roux. Whisk in cream and milk a little at a time, until fully incorporated and smooth. Cook until thickened, 5 minutes.
- Stir cream mixture into broth and rice. Cook over medium heat (about 15 minutes) and serve.
© Paloma King