Printfriendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Friday, September 9, 2011

WE are back! ... announcements and CUPCAKE RECIPE!!!

Hello everybody! How is everyone doing? What have you been up to? The Coffee Shop is back in business! and I am sooo looking forward to hearing (or in this case... reading!) from all of you! I have some dear friends here that I've missed and I can't to know what your projects have been, what you've all been cooking, what's your favorite coffee place, anybody with new family members? books written or read? just give me a quick update if you can!

We have been crazy busy here... We moved!!! Yes, we moved from Cold Wisconsin to Hot HOT HOT Texas... I sooo miss Wisconsin's weather though... But I am happy to be here and thankful to be closer to my Mexican family and to have found a good church where my girls are really enjoying and learning!

So... we've been trying to establish a new routine, you know... so many changes at the same time can drive a mom of 2 little girls crazy! LOL! But it's been ok and I've been cooking/baking a lot! I've found it very relaxing... it actually helps me focus on "simpler" things... like "2 cups of flour and 1 cup of sugar"

Anyway... I hope I'll get my friends back... soon! I hope with each post I can start seeing all those familiar faces stop by again! I promise we'll have a lot of fun... and there will be some giveaways coming too... Please start sending pictures of your coffee/coffee mugs and everything where the star is COFFEE... to be featured on our "Coffee Friday". Coffee Friday will be officially back in November, I am trying to start my collection of pictures/blogs to feature now.

And now, as I promised...

Banana Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting



Ingredients:
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1-1/2 cups sugar
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup canola oil
  • 1/4 cup buttermilk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 4 medium mashed ripe bananas (or 1 1/3 of a cup) - make sure you mash them with your hands not with a masher -

FROSTING
  • 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 5 tablespoons butter
  • 2 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
  • In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, oil, buttermilk and vanilla. Beat into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in bananas.
  • Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes (I bake them for 20 and they are perfect) or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
  • For frosting, in a small saucepan pour cream and bring it to a boil over low heat stirring frequently, as soon as it starts boiling remove from the heat, add the chocolate chips and stir until the chocolate chips are completely melted blended. Transfer to a small bowl; cool until mixture reaches room temperature.
  • In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Add chocolate mixture. Beat until smooth light and fluffy. Frost cupcakes. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
 Enjoy with... a cup of coffee!

Paloma

1 comment:

Peacock Coffee said...

Peacock Tea & Coffee, a proudly South African Company, was established in 1966, and has become over the past forty years one of South Africa's major supplier of Gourmet Coffee and Teas from the Worlds best growing regions.

At our coffee plant situated in Wetton, Cape Town, our experienced roasters turn the green coffee bean into a product that will tantalise the most discerning palette, our tea experts have sourced the best teas from the growing regions across the globe to offer the connoisseur a unique experience from their favourite cupper.