Printfriendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, September 12, 2011

Easy dessert - Cheesecake Cookie Cups

Good morning everybody! I hope you are all doing good today, hopefully had an enjoyable weekend and I also hope this week goes better than the previous one for all of you... and us!

We had colds and runny noses (isn't that great?) around our home last week, having a 3 yr. old and an 8 month old doesn't help make "colds" any better, they don't sleep well and especially the 3yr. old gets pretty cranky during the day when she is not feeling well. So... Saturday I felt tired and not very much into baking a whole lot but I still wanted to enjoy something sweet and homemade. Hubby suggested getting a box of brownie mix but naah! I still wanted to make something different, so I went online! (gotta love how easy it is to get recipes nowadays!) and I found this wonderfully easy and delicious recipe (from Nestlé)... I hope you like it too:


Cheesecake Cookie Cups:

Ingredients

* 1 pkg. (16.5 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Dough
* 2 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, room temperature
* 1 can (14 oz.) Sweetened Condensed Milk
* 2 large eggs
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1 can (21 oz.) cherry pie filling (I used strawberry pie filling because I do not like cherries but I still wasn't a big fan of the pie filling on top, I will be definitely using fresh fruit next time and just macerate it with sugar minutes before adding it on top, but you can just follow the original recipe if you like canned pie filling)

Directions
PREHEAT oven to 325° F. Paper-line 24 muffin cups. Place one piece of cookie dough in each muffin cup.


BAKE for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookie has spread to edge of cup.


BEAT cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, eggs and vanilla extract in medium bowl until smooth. Pour about 3 tablespoons cream cheese mixture over each cookie in cup.



BAKE for additional 15 to 18 minutes (I baked it for the whole 18 in my electric oven) or until set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Top each with level tablespoon of pie filling. Refrigerate for 1 hour.


And the best part: Enjoy with a cup of coffee, cold milk, hot chocolate or what you prefer! Hubby and I had coffee of course, he is not a big fan of cheesecake but he loved these... so... give them a try!

And again, remember to send us your coffee related pictures to: love.for.coffee@gmail.com so we can display them on our Coffee Friday... of course we'll give you (and your blog) credit! 

Paloma.

4 comments:

Medifast Coupons said...

I am not a fan of canned pie filling either, fresh fruit would be the way to go. Kids are going to like these for convenience. Thanks for sharing.

Paloma said...

I hope you like it as much as we did (minus the pie filling!) yes, definitely fresh fruit will be our choice next time! Thanks for stopping by!!!

Farmhouse Fixers said...

Yum! These look great!

Jessie said...

These remind me of my grandma. She would make a similar dessert and I used to LOVE them! :) Thanks for bringing a smile (and some real sweet memories of my grandma) to my mind!