Now... if you don't have much healing to do ... you will probably just melt the pounds away on THM.... BUT if you need to heal... you might see the weight go down slower... either way, you will learn to beat food addiction and your relationship with food will become a healthier one where you realize you don't have to deprive yourself to be healthy... Plus there are fb groups specific to encourage everyone... whether you have allergies, lose weight slowly, are breastfeeding, etc... there's the right fit for you!
- Don't be afraid of fats! They are indispensable for you! Coconut Oil is king! Avocado is thoroughly enjoyed!
- Protein is key to a healthier you! And it's the foundation of your meals
- Vegetables! Fill your plate up with it!
- Drink lots of water, stay active, don't go too long without eating.
What I am doing:
- NO Sweets! (Oh! how I miss thee THM desserts!). For 30 days I am not going to use any kinds of sweeteners and/or try to recreate sweets/treats/desserts.
- NO GRAINS allowed, at all... zip! zero! Nada!
- NO BEANS (except green/snap beans and sweet peas)...
- NO store-bought mayo, no dairy (cheese??? NOPE!) I am missing the delicious grassfed Kerrygold That I love so much!
- I am eating some meals that are "Crossovers" on THM ... I am combining some fats and carbs.
- If I want almond milk I will be making it... no store bought at all.
- No slips I will try to be strong and no off plan foods for these 30 days.
|Breakfast: 2 eggs with sauteed green beans, avocado and 1 mandarin|
|Lunch: Ground beef with broccoli, 1 small sweet potato with coconut butter and salt, 3 strawberries|
|Dinner: Chicken breast with lots of greens dressed with olive oil, fresh and lime juice. Avocado and tomato slices|
THM Bit: This dinner would be an "S" on THM, (just watch the tomatoes and don't use too much of it, they're higher on sugar)... healthy fats are great for a healthy "S" meal on THM.
Now... of course I haven't weighed or measured myself... I can't do that for these 30 days either... that's a great thing... hopefully it will help me with that bad habit! I am more than a number!
As I said... I am trying to re-connect with my more "purist" side, and not abuse those wonderful ingredients that are allowed on THM but that should be used with caution. Taking a break from dairy and sweeteners will give me a chance to re-stock on the amazing THM protein Powder and their yummy sweeteners! (My favorite, always: Their pure stevia extract)... Get THM products HERE
Now... if you still don't know what I am talking about RUN... don't walk... RUN to join Trim Healthy Mama, it's not as strict as I am doing it... personal health issues are taking me to try a "no grains/no dairy" approach to see what happens... you WILL have the opportunity to make delicious desserts that are totally on plan and that will actually help you stay on course and continue to improve your health.
© Paloma K.
Disclaimer: Some links in this post are affiliate links, this means that you pay the same price, but I also receive a very small compensation. I recommend products I have tried and love.