Today is our FIRST OFFICIAL LINK UP PARTY in "The Coffee Shop" I am so excited! I hope I start seeing more and more people join with each passing week! If you didn't read our post last Thursday (when we had a "Link up Party REHEARSAL" (lol) then you probably don't know what Sweet Thursday is all about ... So click on our "Sweet Thursday TAB" (or the Sweet Thursday button above) to read more about it... in just a few words I'll say that it's all about linking up and having a very Sweet Thursday! I'll share a dessert recipe and I will ask you to link up to one of your posts featuring sweet goods (pastries, candy or any kind of sweet treats) ... Let's make this and every Thursday SWEET! (Link up tool at the bottom of this post!)
Now I will share my recipe which is delicious, VERY easy to make and doesn't require any baking! (Recipe from Auntie Amy)
Chocolate Eclair Torte
- 2 individual packages graham crackers
- 2 (3 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons white corn syrup
- 3 Tablespoons of milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar.
- Line the bottom of a 9x13-inch pan with graham crackers. In a large bowl, combine pudding mix and milk. Stir well. Stir in whipped topping to pudding mixture. Spread half of mixture over graham cracker layer. Top with another layer of graham crackers and the remaining pudding. Top all with a final layer of graham crackers. Refrigerate for about two hours before you frost it.
Melt chocolate, butter, corn syrup and milk. Stir in vanilla and sugar. Spread on top of dessert once it's been in the refrigerator for about two hours (it will make it easier to spread the frosting). Refrigerate for at least 8 more hours before serving
© Paloma King