Printfriendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Thursday, March 4, 2010

A "low Calorie" Mocha Frappe Recipe

Hello my dear friends... Thanks for all the comments and in case you are wondering how I am doing everything is well here, we are all healthy and doing well... doing so well that we've stayed really busy and going to the gym!  I am planning on attending some of the summer classes, we'll see how that goes!

I also want to share a recipe from a friend, she told me about this recipe and that I could use it for "The Coffee Shop" she has a very nice blog (go check it out) The things that Occupy my Mind

I am copying/pasting directly from her blog...

"First, my chocolate syrup. My grandmother used to make this for me for her homemade biscuits. She was a very large lady. I always assumed the chocolate didn't keep her from being that way. I discovered today, (when I was out of chocolate syrup and wanted a mocha frappe {recipe follows}) that it wasn't the chocolate syrup, it was those good ole bicuits. (or Bickets, we called them)

Okay, so here's the recipe
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
dash salt
1/2 cup water

combine all ingredients in a 1 qt. pan, mix well and bring to boil, stirring while it boils for a minute or two. Allow to cool and put into a refrigerator safe container and store refrigerated.

Total Calories: 30 calories, 0 fat!


Now, the mocha frappe' recipe: (I got this from this month's Good Housekeeping, and it is soooooooooo good. And so much cheaper than Starbucks ($3+) and a little lower cal and fat, too. (Starbucks 8 oz. mocha frappe' is 150 calories and 2.5 grams of fat. In this recipe, I found it to have 103 calories and 2.5 grams of fat, so the calories aren't that much different and the fat isn't different at all, but it's quick, convenient and cheaper. That's what sells me these days. and besides, do you realize how many jello cups you could eat with those extra 47 calories? LOL. (that's 4 1/2 if you're wondering, b/c sugar free jello is 10 calories a cup!)

Okay, so the recipe, sorry, I got sidetracked:
1/3 cup strong coffee (I use espresso)
1/3 cup 2% milk
1 Tbsp chocolate syrup (from above recipe)
2 tsp. sugar (you could probably omit this if you wanted, would save 15 calories)
1 cup ice cubes

put into blender and blend until smooth

Okay, y'all, my drink is gone and the dryer is done. Time to get off here for a while!"

 I hope you enjoy her recipe and her writing! I love that lady! She is a great friend!

12 comments:

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

That sounds delicious!! I love, love frapps!! :)

Sharlene T. said...

Chocolate syrup on biscuits! Hmm... Never thought about that. But, I do like the recipe and will definitely keep some in my fridge for any daylight hour emergencies...
Thanks for sharing

Kat @ www.TodaysCliche.com said...

Your blog is so informative and clever. Can't wait to try most of your recent posts. I intend to stop by again!
Our blogs are semi-similar; I'd love your feedback about mine, if you have a sec!
www.TodaysCliche.com. Thanks!!

Mommie Daze said...

So glad I found you on SITS! This sounds great. Definitely trying this out. Happy Saturday!

Melissa B. said...

Hey there! Haven't seen you around in a while. I've been crazy busy at school, so haven't been commenting like I should. Totally my fault. But I was hanging out at SITS today, and thought I'd swing by and say "hi!" Thanks for sharing the recipe...low-fat anything is the best!

Missy said...

Oh! Thanks for sharing! I love drinking iced drinks in the summer. This will be perfect and a lot less expensive then Starbucks!

Vee said...

pretty much if you put chocolate on in/in it/with it - it makes it amazing. =]

Mhel said...

Hi Paloma!! I was wondering if you accept hot choco pics as well on Facebook.... U

Life Artist ~ said...

sounds tasty!
thank you for sharing =)

and coffee lover, check my mars coffee recipe *.*

best wishes.

Kev said...

I love the sound of that - definitely gonna try it, sounds yumm heehee!
If you get chance - visit my blog: www.scig.co.uk/blog

Michael said...

I just tried this recipe out and I must say that this is delicious! Thank you for sharing this yummy recipe. Now I gotta find a decent coffee maker in the drip coffee maker review section of the magazine Im reading. Thanks for posting.

charleston forge furniture said...

I believe it sounded like you have problems yourself by trying to solve this issue instead of looking at the problem in the first place.