Today I am going to share with you a very simple and yummy recipe....
Salmon Salad with Homemade mayo
The recipe will be at the end of this post... FIRST... I want to share with you some of the things I've been eating to hopefully inspire you to jump on the "health wagon" and realize that you don't have to "miss out"
- Cauliflower Rice and Shrimp
- Eggroll in a Bowl
-Grilled chicken with this delicious side salad (avocado, cucumbers, cilantro, onions, tomatoes, fresh squeezed lime juice, salt and pepper)
And lots of yummy stuff that doesn't even let me miss dairy (ok... I miss it a little) and grains! Some of the meals I am eating are considered crossovers on the Trim Healthy Mama plan, crossovers are definitely on plan they just don't promote weight loss by themselves... but since I am not using some ingredients I am allowing myself to introduce some s-helpers and crossovers to hopefully help with my thyroid issues... I also want to share with you what I ate on Sunday... we went to a picnic from hubby's work and this is what I ate there:
I used the veggies for the hamburgers as a salad and then just ate 1 hamburger patty and some pulled pork (without bbq sauce), I also had a larabar (only 3 whole ingredients YEAH!) It does contain dates which are not THM approved... YOU don't have to use them, they are off plan and I don't intend on abusing these, but since for these 30 days I am not even using stevia I am allowing myself to have a little bit of dates on extreme circumstances.
Now... let me share with you the Salmon Salad with Homemade Mayo recipe
Don't get intimidated by mayo! You can make it super quickly! It's delicious and you are in full control of the stuff that goes in it... (slightly adapted from: Whole30 Mayo Recipe, all mayo recipes are very similar)
Mayonnaise was first created by chef of the Duke de Richelieu in 1756 so... basically the original credits go to him :)
Ingredients (for the mayo only):
- 1 1/4 cup -divided- of your favorite (on plan) Extra Light Oil -or a combination of two light oils- (avoid strong flavored oils like avocado oil or EVOO, you can use a light olive oil)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. of salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. Dry Mustard
- lime or lemon to taste (about 1/2 to 1)
- Place the egg and 1/4 of a cup of oil, salt and mustard in a bowl of a standing mixer (if you don't have a standing mixer you can use a blender or even food processor but I used a standing mixer and the results are fantastic).- I love my KitchenAid Standing Mixer and my Ninja Blender -
- Run the mixer (or whatever you are using) on high and while after about 30 seconds into it (and while it's running) carefully and very, VERY slowly drizzle the remaining oil (do not let the oil touch the blades if your blender is uncovered or whisk attachment or it can get messy).
- When you've added all the oil and the mixture has emulsified/thickened add the lime or lemon juice and mix for 5 more seconds just to incorporate.
Enjoy your homemade mayo! All the good stuff, none of the bad! Make the delicious salmon salad from the first picture.... I used:
- 1 can (6oz) of wild caught salmon (I use Bear and Wolf Pink Salmon ) for my salads because it doesn't have any bones or skin already.
- 1/2 medium tomato (chopped)
- 3 tbsp. white onions (chopped)
- 1 stalk of celery (chopped)
- 2 tbsp. (or to taste) of your delicious homemade mayo
- salt and pepper to taste (I use this Himalayan Salt) ... Himalayan salt is great for you (not indispensable for this recipe) but the health benefits due to the many minerals in this salt are amazing. Hopefully you will try it.
Mix it all together with a fork, enjoy with cucumber slices instead of crackers!
This salad is an "S" on Trim Healthy Mama.
© Paloma K.
Disclaimer: Some links in this post are affiliate links, this means that you pay the same price, but I also receive a very small compensation. I recommend products I have tried and love.